Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:39:38 +0530
From:      ashish@freebsd.org (Ashish SHUKLA)
To:        Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
Cc:        Ashish SHUKLA <ashish@freebsd.org>, ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] editors/emacs to 24.1

--=-=-=

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 00:55:41 -0300, Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> said:
> Hello Ashish;

> The patches applied successfully and the port installation was also
> successful, but when I try to run emacs with emacsclient -c, my system
> becomes semi-unresponsive.  I can still hit the power button on my
> laptop for a clean shutdown but a C-c won't stop emacs and I can't log
> out of X.  My best guess is this is related to the new Intel driver
> with GEM/KMS (although this has been my first problem after running it
> for a few months).  Running emacsclient -t works fine.  If I start
> emacs with just "% emacs", and I don't wait to long, I can kill it
> with a C-c and the warning/error messages below appear in xterm:

> % emacs
> ^C
> (process:1589): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit
> status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to
> SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be
> returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); ei
> ther don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.

> (process:1589): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_add_filter:
> assertion `G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

> I'm on 9.0-STABLE amd64.

> Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Could you please provide contents of /var/db/ports/emacs/options ? I'm not
sure if it's to do with Intel GEM/KMS, but I remember seeing it with
SYNC_INPUT=3Doff as well, as Raphael pointed out in his earlier reply.

Thanks
=2D-=20
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
Sent from my Emacs

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--