Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 21:16:07 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        deischen@clcrtr.clc.gdeb.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nedit port has incorrect checksum

On Thu, Mar 06, 1997 at 05:59:25PM +0000, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> 	The nedit port has an incorrect checksum.  I also changed
> 	installation of the NEdit application resource file so that
> 	it would not overwrite an existing resource file; it's now
> 	copied to NEdit.ad.

And what happens for the person that is installing Nedit for the 1st
time?  How would they know that they are supose to cd
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-default and cp NEdit.ad NEdit???

Also, you shouldn't be able to install Nedit ontop of another
installation.  And pkg_delete will remove the resouce file NEdit.

I'm planning on closing this PR unless someone convences me not to do so.

--
-- David	(obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)