Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:53:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed auto-sizing patch to sysinstall (was Re: Using a larger block size on large filesystems)

:BTW#2:  I dont think there is any reason why we cant use the 'd' partition
:anymore, is there?  There does not seem to be any leftover magic gunk that

    We can use the 'd' partition (and have been able to use it for many
    years).  sysinstall is rather annoying in that regard.

						-Matt

:maps this onto the 'dos' fdisk partition anywhere that I can find.  We
:may have had a magic 'd' for FreeBSD-1.x or 2.0, but I'm quite sure it
:died well before 2.1.0.
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter