Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:53:59 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-xircom@lovett.com
Subject:   Re: Combo 100Base-T Ethernet/10 BaseT Ethernet/Modem/ISDN cards

On 17-Sep-99 Bill Fumerola wrote:

> I have a RealPort 10/100+modem56 lying around here, but only a -CURRENT
> laptop.
>
> Am I to assume that the modem doesn't have a chance of working? Will
> the 10/100 (which is cardbus, which I thought didn't work either) work?

Apart from CardBus stuff which I am not sure if it is supported, the modem will
work fine as a standard PC-Card modem. The Ethernet stuff needs Scott's xe
driver.

There is a bug with reinsertion of the ether card not DTRT somewhere. It seems
that the silicon revision is being detected incorrectly so unless Xircom have
morphing ICs we've got some sort of bug that gets the card confused.

> Sorry if these are FAQs, I just recently got into this laptop game.

Same here Bill!

Duncan

---