Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 15:06:03 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages...

>I've never seen this, but have only been running APIC_LAZY since the
>bug fix of last nite (approx 16 hours).
>
>We are both running the same MB and disk controller: GA586DX/7880 (true?)

Yes.

>Have you ever seen this b4, ie without APIC_LAZY defined?
>When does it happen, at boot, or continually?

Ok, I just tried it without APIC_IO altogether, and it still happens.  I think
the reason I never noticed it before was I didnt have option DIAGNOSTIC.  (I
looked, it is #ifdefed by DIAGNOSTIC)

It happenes with or without APIC_IO, and on either 1 or 2 processors.  This
almost leads me to believe its not very SMP related at all. :\  It doesnt
happen in current though I dont believe..

Chris