Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 14:29:53 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dlr@asylum.org (dlr)
Cc:        datura@kudonet.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: extracting src from .aa .ab. files?

dlr stands accused of saying:
> |Now, I'm trying to rebuild the kernel and noticed I have nothing in my /src
> |directory.  I heard there is a script that will extract the source from all
> |my .aa, .ab, .ac etc files that I still have on my dos partition...does anyone
> |know of this?  If not, what is the best way to get the source files (no I do
> |not have a CD-ROM drive ;)

> For version 2.0 there is an extract.sh script in the srcdist dir and also
> in the kerndist dir. I don't see a similar script in the srcdist files for
> 2.0.5.

cat <files> |tar xvzf -

Check the base paths (tar tvzf -) first to make sure you're in the
right place.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[