Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:45:04 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   i830MG and suspend to disk with X.

In case anyone else sees this ...

With XFree86-Server-4.3.0_8 under -STABLE I'm having problems with
suspend to disk with an i830MG graphics card in my IBM X30 if it is
running X at the time. Display comes back corrupted, only way to
recover is a reboot (switching to a virtual terminal, which is also
corrupted, and hitting control-alt-delete if it is enabled works for
me). I've just updated the system bios to the release from June and
there is no improvement. A workaround is the traditional switch to a
virtual terminal first, switch back after resume.

I'm also seeing occasional crashes on resume from suspend to memory,
they seem to be far more frequent than they used to be :/

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu