Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:09:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com (Harlan Stenn)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "truss" clone for FreeBSD?

> Is there a "truss" clone for FreeBSD?

You can use "ktrace", which is obnoxious to use.

Sean Eric Fagan has implemented a working "truss" that doesn't
require all of the "dump file/undump file" crap.

If you are tracking a problem that causes a machine crash, ktrace
is pretty damn useless for finding the area of the code causing
the crash because it doesn't provide sufficient feedback, and the
data which would be useful after post-processing is lost in a
kernel buffer when a crash occurs.

I suggest contacting Sean directly.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org