Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:35:33 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: pcic pci attachments merged from current

> > I've just merged the pcic pci attachment from current into stable.
> > If you have a PCI cardbus bridge, you will notice two things.
> >
> > 1) We now automatically assign the IRQ now for the management
> > interrupt for PCI devices.  This means that you cannot set it.  We
> > will also share this interrupt with other PCI devices.  We will use
> > the same interrupt for the pccards, and sharing there is OK.
> >
> > 2) You cannot use polling mode on PCI devices.
> >
> > Please let me know if your setup was working before and now isn't
> > working.
>
> I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but on my T20, it now hangs with
> the card in it

This wasn't very clear.  Let me rephrase this by saying 'it now hangs at
boot time if a PCCARD is inserted in the box'.

> Even if I eject the card, the box stays hung, and
> requires a power-cycle to get it going again.  Also, as soon as I insert
> the card into the box, it's locks up the box.  A kernel made before
> these changes (late last week) does not exhibit the boot and insertion
> hangs.

However, that box doesn't recognize the cards.  I just got the box built
last week, and haven't had time to mess with the PCCARD stuff.  I'm not
sure what's up with that, but I'll try to debug it.  (The card is
definitely a PCCARD (not CardBus), as it works fine on a 2.2.8 box on
using a similar laptop.)

Nate