Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 13:55:12 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: graphics card recommendations...

> > that this card only exists for PCI; only the Millennium II 4MB
> > is available for AGP bus.
> So buy the PCI card? :-) I don't really see the whole attraction of
> AGP, to be honest.
Well, considering that most cards with AGP are basically the PCI card with the
interface hacked to support AGP, the speed difference is minimal..

Although when true AGP cards come out them some improvements may be had,
probably in the line of more CPU left over, because blits take less time..
Also having a 3D card use main memory as texture RAM (with a local cache :)
could be tatsy =)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |