Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 10:38:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFSv3

I am going to commit the changes needed to support NFSv3 to
FreeBSD-current early next week (after I have managed to complete a make
world using an NFSv3 kernel that is).

The v2 support is working with some degree of confidence and the v3
support has been tested on loopback mounts.  I don't have any non-FreeBSD
v3 servers to test it on so this code really needs some compatability
testing.

The main things to note are that the user<->kernel interface has changed
slightly.  This means that NFS clients MUST rebuild mount_nfs after
getting these changes and NFS servers MUST rebuilt mountd.  A few other
NFS dependant utilities will also need rebuilding.

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 251 4411