Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 01:52:13 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sio aware pnp driver and resource conflict detection

well... I was wondering if people would like for me to import my changes
to make sio a PnP aware driver...  I would provide a PnP flag that
would prevent the card from being probed...

but if I do import this code, I will need to add a temporary fix to
the resource system to search attached pnp devices for resource
conflicts...  (prevent the modem from being attached twice which
does happen and causes wierd results)...

currently the pnp system doesn't prevent you from doing stupid things
like configuring two pnp cards to colid with each other...  and I could
possibly fix this before the snap comes out...

comments?

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD