Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 16:05:43 -0400
From:      Mike B <chops@cinci.rr.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   cardbus on toshiba satellite

Hi, I'm having trouble getting pcmcia to work on my toshiba satellite
1905-s301 with Freebsd 5.0. In my kernel I have this

#device         cbb                     # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pcic                    # ExCA ISA and PCI bridges
device          pccard                  # PC Card (16-bit) bus
device          cardbus                 # CardBus (32-bit) bus

if I enable cbb then I get a torrent of messages outputted to the
console that look like

cbb #

where # is either 1 or 2. These messages stream as fast as the eye can see.

Also, if I don't compile cbb in the kernel and then do 'kldload cbb' I
have the same problem. If I have cbb enabled and insert a pcmcia card of
any kind, it instantly locks the system up. Does anybody have any
suggestions as to what the problem may be. Thanks in advance,

Mike B
chops@cinci.rr.com