Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:14:04 -0500
From:      Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's -STABLE?

Hey, ya'll!

I'm trying to help a guy with a dial-up connection upgrade/update to 6.X, or
even 5.X.  He's on 4.2 and we can't seem to get cvsup to install, nor can he
get the whole "ball-o-wax" download from /usr/ports/etc/etc/ports/ports.tgz

So I'm thinking he should use sysinstall to do an upgrade.

I figure he should go to "options" and set the "Release Name," and then just
do an install.  But I don't know what is the current "Release Name" for
stable.  I tried "6.1-RELEASE" on my system, but that failed.

Could one of ya'll who has recently (like in the last several days, or weeks)
downloaded and installed FreeBSD tell me what your "options" menu says
in "Release Name" from sysinstall?

Thanks.

lane