Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:05:59 +0200
From:      "Toms Bergmanis" <ditf.robins@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TTM error on STABLE

>> A sidenote from my experience: when using the new drivers from trunk
>> branch - Xorg refuses to start (with the old console). It only works if
>> i manually load the radeonkms module first. It's no a problem on STABLE
>> with newcons, but on RELEASE this was a dealbreaker for me.
>
> Do you still have that problem?

Unfortunately yes. I'm now on 10.1-RC3 (r273437) + everything from
Graphics trunk branch and that problem is still bugging me (Xorg shows the
same error log as before), but now it gets a bit more stranger - if i put
radeonkms_* stuff in loader.conf, then i get this image
http://oi62.tinypic.com/14khaba.jpg The only way for me to start X is to
load radeonkms manually and then restart slim.

Mesa 10.3.x is a huge improvement for my AMD A8-5600K APU - no lags and
stuttering at all, even when watching 1080p movies (mpv + opengl-hq
preset).