Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:30:41 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP & Unknown protocol 0xc029

Hi,
	I've checked the archives, and the man pages, but I can't figure out how
to "disable" this protocol. I can get user ppp to connect to my ISP with a
manual dial, but the automatic fails. My ISP has recently switched to an
Ascend portmaster of some kinds...Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.....

Btw please E-mail directly, since I'm no longer on the FBSD list.. :(

parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase: NewPhase: Network
parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase: Unknown protocol 0xc029 (CallBack Control
Protocol (CBCP))
parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase: Modem: Connect time: 42 secs: 358 octets in,
248 octets out
parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase:  total 14 bytes/sec
parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase: NewPhase: Dead
parrothd ppp[13246]: Phase: Connected!

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net		A+ Certified
http://parrothd.midwest.net	MCP Windows NT Server 4.0