Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:37:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        Steve Logue <slogue@acm.org>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DPT code for FreeBSD

Hi Steve Logue;  On 16-Nov-97 you wrote:
>  Simon,
>
>  Could you please point me to the DPT code for FreeBSD 3.0-current?
>  Also, are there any WWW pages about the status/progress/use of the
>  DPT code for FreeBSD?

With your permission (I hope :-), I am forwarding this question to the
FreeBSD-SCSI group, too.

A patch against current can be found in ftp://nomis.i-connect.net/crash.
Pick up the patch of the 13th, not the 14th (which is buggy).
You can find a boot floppy in the various release builds in /FreeBSD, in
the usual place.  The source should have been committed long ago and is
quite stable. Maybe in the next few days.

No, there is no web page as I do not know how to create one.  Too lazy to
learn too :-(

The current driver supports all the DPT PCI controllers shipping currently,
does not support the software RAID (so you cannot span controllers and
cannot create multi-driver RAID-1.  These can be acomplished easily and
probably almost as well with ccd.

Initial support for multi-initiator and distributed/shared I/O is present
and this support will increase daily in the next week or two.

There is an Alpha release of a DLM included in the patch, but the
connection between the two is still missing.  Thsi iwill be closed in the
next few weeks.

The driver (aside from the MI code, is rather stable, went through
extensive code review and is capable of about 1,742 I/O operations per
second per HBA, when talking to a PM3334UW.

Now you know :-)

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

There would be an "Engine Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be slower
on most existing roads.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313