Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      J A Shamsi <jashamsi@yahoo.com>
To:        fwtk-users@ex.tis.com, fwtk-users@lists.nai.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   smtp issue

Hello

I am configuring TIS FWTK on a freeBSD 3.2 machine.
I am facing problem in configuring smtp (SMAP , SMAPD
proxy)

I have the following entry in my inetd.conf file

smtp stream tcp nowait root  /usr/local/libexec/smap
=>smap

and  following in my services file

smtp  25/tcp   mail
smtp  25/udp   mail

The problem is that, when I am trying to start inetd
processes
I am getting the message
"bind adreess already in use."

I did not gets any error message, when I comments out
the entry for smtp in my inetd file.
I am able to send and recieve messages, after
commenting out entry in inetd file( although I donot
have any other entry in my inetd file)
It looks like that it is starting the process from
rc.conf ( although I donot have an entry for smtp in
in rc.conf)

the error message of bind adrees already in use
also disappears when I change the port from 25 to 26.

has anyone  got any idea about the problem??

what should I do if I want to use smap proxy?
do i have to start smapd proxy also??

and do I have to change  configuration on the client
side also to use smap proxy ( tis fwtk)

thanks in advance

jawwad shamsi