Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:40:56 +0900 (JST)
From:      usagi@ruby.club.or.jp
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        usagi@ruby.club.or.jp
Subject:   ports/4504: Object Oriented Scripting Language Ports

>Number:         4504
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       new OOP scripting language ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

I would like to contribute a new ports collection named
`ruby-1.0-970903'

I put the ports into
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ruby-1.0-970903-new.tar.gz

I miss-put the wrong ports,
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ruby-1.0-970903.tar.gz
sorry, please delete it.

ruby is a object oriented scripting language like pyton.

* What's Ruby

Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and
easy object-oriented programming.  It has many features to
process text files and to do system management tasks (as in
perl).  It is simple, straight-forward, and extensible.

* Features of ruby

  + Simple Syntax
  + *Normal* Object-Oriented features(ex. class, method calls)
  + *Advanced* Object-Oriented features(ex. Mix-in, Singleton-method)
  + Operator Overloading
  + Exception Handling
  + Iterators and Closures
  + Garbage Collection
  + Dynamic Loading of Object files(on some architecture)
  + Highly Portable(works on many UNIX machines)

>How-To-Repeat:
Ruby's Home Page

 http://www.netlab.co.jp/ruby/

Please visit this site.