Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:53:03 +0100
From:      "Frederic Chardon" <chardon.frederic@gmail.com>
To:        nate@root.org, freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/79080: acpi thermal changes freezes HP nx6110

------=_Part_9013_24568354.1194853983322

Hello the list, Nate,

link to pr: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=79080

Nate, I am really sorry to send directly to you this mail but it seems
that 	freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org delete attached document. I send again
the ASL for HP nx6110. Your mail adress is in the pr, I apologize if I
made a mistake by adressing to you.

I made some more test under load (make -j4 buildworld + compilation of
firefox and vlc while using opera under xorg), here are my
observations:

Pavel Rydvan stated in the pr that if the temperature doesn't change
there is no problem. In fact, it is not completely true: problem
arises when ACx _increase_. When it decreases if there is a freeze it
is unnoticable.

After a variable number of freezes (usually 4-5) the usb mouse usm0
stop responding while the  pad on psm0 works fine. Without ACPI the
usm doesn't works at all.

If I manually set hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active then there is no more
problem (apart from the thermal function of ACPI becomes useless).

Pavel Rydvan said that it is due to IRQ storm, I can't dig deeper this
because I don't know how to do.

What is _very_ surprising for me is that on 6.2 there is absolutely no
problem. Everything worked fine out of the box. I don't know how to
compile acpi.ko from 6.2 to test it under 7, if someone can explain me
how to do... (or send it to me by mail ;-) ).

Regards

Fred

------=_Part_9013_24568354.1194853983322--