Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:05:44 -0500
From:      Keith Leonard <kleon@bellsouth.net>
To:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for cheap scsi card recommendations

Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC wrote:

> Surf on over to http://www.swt.com/deals.html#scsicards.

Wes,

I did and from what I can tell SW Tech is charging approx. $500 more for
a FreeBSD system over a Linux system. (same hardware with slight
modifications which price out the same).

I couldn't tell why so I sent them snail mail (their cgi script crapped
out and dumped my question) about it.

Maybe I just don't know how to push buttons but $500 for a FreeBSD
machine (same motherboard, case, CD, modem, HD, SCSI interface etc), I
would really have to like BSD to pay and extra $500 for a free OS.

--
Keith
Keith Leonard  -  kleon@bellsouth.net