Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 98 17:22:58 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9p_:_Another_lnc_question?=

I've got a similar setting

my kernel config file has
controller      pci0

and

device lnc0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 10 drq 0 vector lncintr

I believe the second line is superfluous : the PCI driver detects all by itself
all its devices.

the dmesg output gives :

lnc1 <PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter> rev 2 int a irq 9 on pci0:23
lnc1: PCnet-32 VL-Bus address 08:00:09:3b:fd:1d
lnc0 not found at 0x280

the lnc1 device is found anyway, and the message is wrong, it is a PCI adapter
and not a VL-Bus device (nevertheless, it works)

you'll have to add something like this to /etc/rc.conf
network_interfaces="lnc1 lo0 ed0 lp0"   #
                    ^^^^ and not lnc0
ifconfig_lnc1="inet 155.132.135.90 netmask 255.255.255.0"

it should make do

        TfH