Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:07:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Erik Moe <emoe@mmcable.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making audio CDs with FreeBSD

It seems Erik Moe wrote:
> Here is the command I use to do the ripping:
>
> cdda2wav -D0,1,0 -B -Oraw
>
> I think that the rip is successful since I have used sox to play the
> audio:
>
> play -t cdr audio_01.raw
>
> Now I burn the disk:
>
> burncd -f /dev/acd0c -S 4 audio audio_??.raw fixate
>
> Generates 12 tracks of static.  I thought that it may have something to
> do with the endianess of the input file so I tried another rip:
>
> cdda2wav -D0,1,0 -B -Oraw -C guess -E big

I dont know how to do the SCSI rip, but I know how it works on ATA :)

Rip the CD in the burner:

control -f acd0 info

that tells (amongst other things) you how many tracks you need to rip, then

for f in  1 2 3 ... (number for tracks)
do
	dd if=/dev/acd0t$f of=track$f.raw bs=2352
done

then put a blank CDR in the burner and do

in -stable or -current for TAO mode:

burncd -s 4 -f /dev/acd0c audio track*.raw fixate

or in -current in DAO mode:

burncd -s 4 -f /dev/acd0c -d audio track*.raw

-Søren