Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:17:19 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        "Jeays, Mike - SDD/DDS" <mike.jeays@statcan.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting RID of the boot manager

> As a related question, I have a Win95 disk on the primary drive,
> and FreeBSD on the secondary.  I would like to switch the Win95
> disk for a larger one, and re-install Win95 on it.  Once the first
> drive has been removed, I won't be able to get FreeBSD to boot.
> Nor will my machine support booting from the CD.

Oh, hell.  I read your question quickly and sent you the answer to a
different (more specific) question.  What you need to do is basically:

  (1) Install the new hard drive.
  (2) Use Windows' boot disk to partition and format it.
  (3) Install Windows 95 on the new drive.
  (4) Restore FreeBSD's boot manager to the MBR as described in the
      messages I referred to in my previous email.  :)

Sorry about that,
  Lucas