Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:35:40 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FBSD through diskettes?

Joćo Fernandes wrote:

> Is there any available distribution of FBSD in diskettes? I was wondering
> how could I install it in a portable PC without
> CDrom :-/
>
> Thanks in advance.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-guide.html

Halfway down are instructions on how to do a floppy install.
I've done this, and I want to say that I DO NOT recommend it. It's a
pain in
the butt do and very time consuming. Assume that about 1 out of 10 disks
or
so will be bad and you'll need to recreate it before continuing. Not
sure how many disks it takes now, but it's over 20.

-Bill

--
If a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
then what can I get for two hands in the bush?