Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:46:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Peter Disiot <pdisiot@sysreal.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lockmailbox error code 75

I had this problem as well, but I do not remember how I fixed it.  But
this problem did come up quite a bit over the last 6 months.  You should
be able to find the answer by searching the mailing list archives.

One solution was to do a setuid on the mail.local delivery program, but
that is a bad option.  There is another way.  Perhaps it was this rule
that I added to my .mc file when building sendmail.cf.

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o /etc/mail/access')dnl

Inside that file I then have these following lines...

localhost.localdomain RELAY
localhost RELAY
127.0.01. RELAY

The first one may actually be wrong, but it all works for me.  You can
also put in lines like this...

FREE.STEALTH.MAILER@            550 We don't accept mail from spammers
spam.hotmail.com                REJECT

Those can be helpful to block specific spam host that you are aware of.

But try to find a similar solution to this in the archives.  It has been a
while since I had to fix this problem.

Brennan Stehling - software developer and system administrator
  my projects:
       home.offwhite.net (free personal hosting)
       www.greasydaemon.com (bsd search)