Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:23:17 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: region code in cdrecord

> folks reasons why, but I hope not that often).  Anyhow, the disk is
> (like I said, but in roundabout fashion I admit) region 2, so suggesting

As someone said the Region code is in the VOB file:
	How about putting your Region 2 DVD media in a FreeBSD box,
	using /usr/ports/multimedia/dvdrip to creat a .avi file,
	writing that .avi back to a new CDROM or DVD (yes, films
	can squezze onto a 700M CDROM).
Drawbacks:
	Not all television DVD players can play .avi, but some can.
	With no VOB files, I guess you'll also lose any menu type stuff.

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.