Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:26:40 +0200
From:      Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/phpvirtualbox needs vboxwebsrv for VirtualBox

On 12-08-2010 17:19, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 02:02:07 +0200, Thomas Steen Rasmussen
> <thomas@gibfest.dk>  wrote:
>
>> On 12-08-2010 00:58, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I noticed that /usr/ports/www/phpvirtualbox/ was commited to the ports
>>> tree and I wanted to try it out. It seems to need vboxwebsrv from
>>> VirtualBox which isn't built by the FreeBSD port by default. I saw
>>> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=76262 and tried going the
>>> same route, but I cannot even get it to compile using the alterations
>>> he does.
>>> Could vboxwebsrv possible be added as an option to the VirtualBox port
>>>
> ?
>
>>> That would be great. Or alternatively, can the people who committed
>>> www/phpvirtualbox comment on how you actually use it ? Do you
>>> compile VirtualBox from source ?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance,
>>>
>>> Thomas Steen Rasmussen
>>>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> OK so I found out I was working with an old ports tree - sorry for the
>> noise,
>> vboxwebsrv is indeed available as an option in the current VirtualBox
>> 3.2.6 port.
>>
> Yeah correct. The virtualbox-ose port has an WEBSERVICE option that is
> disabled by default. I will discuss this and see if we can enable it by
> default or find another solution for phpvirtualbox users. There is also no
> rc startscript for vboxwebsrv at the moment because of lack of time but
> it's on my todo list.
Cool, that would be nice to have.
> If you want to test phpvirtualbox i recommend that
> you use virtualbox-ose 3.2.8 because it contains a lot of performance
> improvements for vboxwebsrv.

I'm already upgrading, thank you.

Another question: As I understand it it is not possible to start virtual
machines with headless
VNC enabled from phpvirtualbox, as the VirtualBox API doesn't support it
yet - do you happen
to know if this is correct, and whether there is a solution in the
pipeline somewhere ?

Thank you,

Thomas Steen Rasmussen