Date:      Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:37:23 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        "'FreeBSD Current'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HEADSUP!  SATA PHY code added for nVidia, SiS and VIA chips

As the subject says I've added support for for the SATA PHY (the serial=20
link interface HW) to -current. This is needed to sort out problems with =

the connection and on those chipsets that support its, handle hotplug.

At any rate, since I dont have any of these chipsets in the lab the code =

was done blindfolded from docs, so it needs testing and quite possibly=20
bugfixing as well.

Please report of any success/failures, and in both cases the output from =

dmesg would be handy, as well as knowing if software inititated=20
detach/attach via atacontrol works, and on the nVidia if even hotplug is =

possible...

Thanks!

--=20

-S=F8ren