Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:49:23 +0300
From:      "karu.pruun" <karu.pruun@gmail.com>
To:        Ravi Pokala <rpokala@mac.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problem attaching driver at LPC bus

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Ravi Pokala <rpokala@mac.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Ravi

Thanks for these suggestions. I'll study the spec and try implement this.
Question: the XXX_base in bus_set_resource --- did you find this address
from the spec? I suppose in my case this is the one I see in the acpi
tables, 0x0700.

Another question: on my naive thinking, the acpi subsystem scans the acpi
tables and populates the entries in the device tree, setting aside the
address ranges (IO and mem) for which there is no driver. The handle items
in the tree (e.g. \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.GMUX) look very similar to the ones in
the acpi tables. So I thought the driver then later claims these resource
using the bus_alloc_resource(). Does this sound like anything that is
actually happening?

Thanks again

Peeter