Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:15:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, alex@cormoran.da.ru
Subject:   Re: 3com 905B

Which means that you can simply copy the file and make a list of changes
to several files to get it working.

1) /sys/conf/files	(add if_xl)
2) cp /tmp/if_xl.c /sys/pci/
3) cp /tmp/if_xlreg.c /sys/pci/

The ISA version is supported in the ep0 driver. I have one at home.

Nick

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:

 > #define quoting(Alex S. Burba)
 > // Does FreeBSD-2.2.7 support 3com 905B cards?
 >
 > stock 2.2.7, no, but you can upgrade to 2.2.8 (or cvsup), and use
 > the new xl driver.
 >
 > 					Jonny
 >
 > --
 > Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
 > jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
 > "This .sig is not meant to be politically correct."

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy