Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      c/o Peter Gatsoulis <kjerstes@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make errors on building CDRTOOLS-ATA

hi all

if anyone has a statically built binary on FBSD 4.6 of
cdrecord for ata (ide cdburners) would you pls email
it bak 2 me so i can get around the following problem?

the problem;
have a FBSD 4.6 box
have ide cdburner
burncd works ok for the first or second time then
spits out errors, reboot machine and again burncd
works great for 1-2 times then reboot again if a 3rd
burn is needed , etc SO

went to Soren's freebsd.dk site and grabbed his
cdrtools-ata file for ide cdburners
he let me know that 4.6 is ok to use with cdrtools-ata

so i dnloaded cdrtools-ata then unpacked it then go to
the unpacked top level dir and issue "make" or "make
all" as it states in the README's etc

i get back errors when i try that as follow;

$ make
"./RULES/rules1.top", line 79: Could not find
./RULES/mk-.XxZzy-.XxZzy-.id
"./RULES/rules1.top", line 86: Could not find
./RULES/os-.id
"./RULES/rules1.top", line 93: Could not find
./RULES/os-.def
"./RULES/rules1.top", line 118: Could not find
.XxZzy-/.XxZzy-/Defaults
"./RULES/rules.top", line 39: Could not find
./RULES/-.XxZzy-.rul
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
$

very frustrating,
anyone point me in the right direction OR
to get around this, anyone send a statically built
binary on 4.6 for cdrtools-ata of cdrecord??

thanx in advance and pls answer directly as well as i
don't always get the list answers back to me pls

thanx

--Peter