Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 14:31:06 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Pedro Leitao' <pete@jeeves.poopie.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: crontab

This is because the crontab entries for an individual user do not have a
column for the username to run the specified program as.  You need to do one
of two things.  Either move this to /etc/crontab (the system crontab), where
there IS a column for effect user or remove the word " root " from the
crontab entry.  Either way will fix it, but generally that line goes in
/etc/crontab not in root's personal crontab file.

-Chris