Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:25:11 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSD knowledge, awarded

Hey nooB's

Just thought I'd chime in to tell y'all I actually got an award at my school
for one of the freebsd projects I'm heading. (The specific project is
setting up a small p2p net. of various OS's, using samba to manage net.
resources.)

I know it doesn't have much to do with *BSD, and is largely gloating on my
part, but I really thought it was cool when one of my instructor's called me
to the front, introducing me as "the BSD guy." (I always try to promote bsd,
but most of the people around my school are linux sort of people. (not
willing to negotiate boot-up problems, etc.)) I guess I'm just saying, stick
with it, there is a certain amount of respect for knowing a few OS's, as
well as OS structure.

Hopefully, before I finish out the semester, I'll get these MS-loving admins
to let the box on the 'net, and add a ssh/ftp server to the local net. (It's
fast and all, but I really wish it were more 'functional.')

Peace out, (for any other students out there, good luck on finals...)
Clayton