Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 20:38:39 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   -current incompatible to 2.2.7?  Vim 5.2g now has SEGV

Hi!

The Vim 5.2g I installed from the 2.2.7 CD-ROMs lately cheased working
for me today after I installed a new world and a new kernel cvsup'ed
(says my memory) on Wednesday evening CDT.  It just says it has a SEGV
and exits making it harder to see why it fails.  It produces no core
dump.  :-(

With a world from sometime last week (the one installed before the new
one) it cooperated and worked fine.  To decide if it was the kernel or
not I booted with an old kernel and it failed in the same way so it is
some userland issue.

The system is an ELF system with a.out XFree 86 and the Vim 5.2g from
2.2.7 CD-ROMs.  As part of buildworld and installworld I let it make
and install the a.out libraries.  Tomorrow I will make a new world
which I cvsup'ed about two hours ago and see if something changes.

Maybe someone has an idea what causes this.  It would be unfortunate
if a 3.0-RELEASE had a problem with compatibility.  If it is just me
or my configuration and others can't reproduce it that's fine with me.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.