Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:39:35 +0000
From:      xorquewasp@googlemail.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   envy24 driver broken

Hello.

Is anyone using the envy24 audio driver?

I've tried it with two cards (M-Audio Delta 66, M-Audio Audiophile)
and it just doesn't work properly. Both are claimed to be supported
and yet they spew errors to the console on boot:

WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured

etc.

I can get audio out (most of the time) but only on two channels despite
the Delta 66 being a six channel card. I can't get audio in at all.

It seems like the driver's not been updated for over a year and that
nobody really seems to be interested in the fact that it doesn't work.

Any assistance would be appreciated (or recommendations for "pro" audio
hardware that actually works with freebsd).

Regards,
xw