Date:      Thu, 24 Nov 2022 07:33:09 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Michael Jung <jammin2night@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_MODULES in make.conf causes www/apache24 to fail

--LwAfXqWIid9uvetS

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 10:22:01AM -0500, Michael Jung wrote:
> As of 2022-11-24 ~10:00 AM EST if you have /usr/ports made using=20
> portsnap or poudriere=A0 tracking main
> ...=20
> poudriere:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>=A0 apache24-2.4.54 : Error from apache.mk. WITH(OUT)_MODULES h=
as been
> removed, use www_apache24_(UN)SET.
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> I have determined that if you have "WITHOUT_MODULES" in make.conf to=20
> exclude modules from a kernel build you get this error.=A0 I have not=20
> found any documentation that you should use "UNSET_MODULES" in make.conf.

You may find it useful to place such directives in /etc/src.conf, rathr
than /etc/make.conf.

=46rom respective man pages:

make.conf:
DESCRIPTION
     The file make.conf contains system-wide settings that will apply to ev=
ery
     build using make(1) and the standard sys.mk file.

src.conf:
DESCRIPTION
     The src.conf file contains variables that control what components will=
 be
     generated during the build process of the FreeBSD source tree; see
     build(7).

Caveat: I have not tried your specific case (of building the system=20
with "WITHOUT_MODULES" defined).

--=20
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
"attempts made by certain countries to rewrite and reshape world history
are becoming increasingly aggressive, ultimately and obviously seeking
to divide our society, take away our guiding lines and eventually weaken
Russia."  -- V. Putin, obviously referring to his own efforts

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

--LwAfXqWIid9uvetS

--LwAfXqWIid9uvetS--