Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:13:10 -0500
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Alpha AXPpci external modem problems

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0990D.4C8E07D8

I can get my external modem to dial on my alpha. I get a the terminal ready
and clear to send light to light but no dial tone. If have it set on com 1.
when I use com 2 I get delink errors. I've read the mail archives and see
that this is some what common, but aside for rebuilding the kernel I don't
see any answers. are there? I have built countless kernals on i386 freebsd
but i'm not sure if i'm read to do so on the alpha, being i don't know the
hardware as well, being I have only worked with them for a week now.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0990D.4C8E07D8

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Alpha AXPpci external modem problems</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I can get my external modem to dial on my alpha. I =
get a the terminal ready and clear to send light to light but no dial =
tone. If have it set on com 1. when I use com 2 I get delink errors. =
I've read the mail archives and see that this is some what common, but =
aside for rebuilding the kernel I don't see any answers. are there? I =
have built countless kernals on i386 freebsd but i'm not sure if i'm =
read to do so on the alpha, being i don't know the hardware as well, =
being I have only worked with them for a week now.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0990D.4C8E07D8--