Date:      10 Feb 2000 05:42:59 -0000
From:      "Smarasderagd" <smarry@vex.net>
To:        ben@ben.com, cks@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu, gorelick@asu.edu, GraemeGill@access.net.au, greg@suitenine.com, Johan.Hagman@mailbox.swipnet.se, jrv@vanzandt.mv.com, mike@lsil.com, newt@pobox.com, ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        smarry@pantransit.reptiles.org
Subject:   Re: xli 1.17.0

Mike Liang <mike@lsil.com> writes:
>Ah, I see you're still alive. 8^)
>Is this version any more different than what I picked up from your
>website in January 1999 when we last exchanged email?

This is mostly an effort to integrate the MIT-SHM, JPEG, and PNG patches
into one coherent version.  Additional changes beyond that are:

The -delete option enables deleting the image being viewed with the
'x' key.  I added this after I got tired of messing around with scripts
to achieve the same result.

The -focus option causes xli to take the focus when it comes up, by
claiming to be a transient window associated with whatever window is
in WINDOWID.  I added this because it was coming up without the focus
when I ran it with a -geometry option specifying window placement
(eg. -geometry +1+1) under 9wm.

The -cache option forces caching of the entire input, to allow adjusting
the gamma of, rotating, and performing other manipulations (see below)
on images loaded from the standard input.

The -iscale option is experimental, specifying that the image be
quickly scaled up or down in some format-dependent way.  "-iscale auto"
fast-scales the image to fit within 90% of the screen width/height.

Currently only the JPEG loader pays any attention to this option, and
it is probably going away to be integrated with -zoom.

While viewing an image, '>' fast-scales up by one step, or by a factor
of 2 if fast-scaling isn't available.  '<' scales down, and '=' returns
to normal size.

Hope this helps.