Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:35:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, sodynet1@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: su problem

Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com> wrote:
 > I Just finished upgrade from FBSD-8.1-R fresh system to FBSD-8.3-p2.
 > once done, i created regular accounts, in wheel group.
 >
 > first all was okay, but suddenly i found my self blocked out, because i
 > can't ssh as root, and i can't su either, when i su i get this:
 > %su -
 > Password:
 >
 > and it stuck in that state whitout givving me root shell #.

What's the output from "id"?  Does it include "0(wheel)"?

And are you 100% sure that you know the correct root password?
If you don't, you will have to drive to the machine and fix
it from the console, I'm afraid.  There's no other way, unless
you discover a yet-unknown local root exploit.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

With Perl you can manipulate text, interact with programs, talk over
networks, drive Web pages, perform arbitrary precision arithmetic,
and write programs that look like Snoopy swearing.