Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:10:31 +0800
From:      Alvin Sim <bsd140870@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re[4]: stop ppp dialing on boot

Wednesday, April 18, 2001, 09:34:13 PM, Duke Normandin wrote:

DN> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 07:53:15PM +0800, Alvin Sim wrote:

[...snip...]

DN> I seem to recall from the time I went through this exercise, that
DN> "sendmail" was the culprit doing DNS lookups. I believe that i cured the
DN> problem by disabling 'dns' in ppp.conf. Check the mailing list archives -
DN> I'm sure that there is *lots* of material on this issue. Later...

unfortunately, i do not have sendmail enabled. all thats startup during
boot is samba and sshd from /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

i have disabled 'enable dns' in ppp.conf. it still dials :( i _think_
its really a dns problem, as you've mentioned. thanks for pointing that
out. now i know what to search for, i think :)

--
Alvin            mailto:bsd140870@yahoo.co.uk