Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:46:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   More ld-elf.so.1 problems with packages

Initially I was only having these problems with the gnome packages, but
now I have noticed the problems also with hylafax and kdenetwork-1.1.
Whenevr I try to run applications from the packages they die with the
message

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Invalid file format.

The ports are having their own problems building that I haven't worked
through yet.  The machine is a 2.2.8-RELEASE -> 3.1-BETA -> 3.1-RELEASE
machine with CVS used at every step of the upgrade process. Anyone been
able to solve this? I have seen it referenced in the archives bur never a
response to it.

Jonathan Fosburgh
Geotechnician
Snyder Oil Corporation