Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2023 20:06:44 +0000
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Einar_Bjarni_Halld=C3=B3rsson?= <einar@isnic.is>
Subject:   UIDs and GIDs in ports overlay

Hi,

We migrated from a cloned ports tree to using ports overlay in poudriere =
a few months ago. We maintain a few ports and create and merge patches =
for others, and we add them to our overlay while testing. We find this a =
much happier workflow than dealing with git merge conflicts.

I=E2=80=99m currently working on a new port, which runs as a daemon so I =
want to add new UID and GID. I tried adding the files UIDs and GIDs to =
the root of the overlay tree, but they don=E2=80=99t seem to have the =
desired effect and the build fails with ** Cannot find any information =
about group `reposilite' in /usr/ports/GIDs.

Am I missing something? Should I just test it without reserving UID and =
GID and wait until it gets merged upstream?

.einar=