Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:35:56 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making FreeBSD More Lean/Efficient On Older Laptop...

In message <20060725200518.GA53427@thought.org>, Gary Kline writes:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:01:42PM -0500, Don Wilde wrote:

> > >it

> > >XFCE tries to be light-weight, yet full-featured. If a desktop manager
> > >is not needed, I would recommend a blackbox-like WM or WindowMaker. I
> > >also like wmii, but that's a matter of personal taste.
> >

> > I have always found that the original FVWM, v 1.24, is the leanest and most
> > easily configurable WM out there. I've used it on anything from 486SX to
> > P-4, and it does the job. My only complaint is that the maximize buttons
> > don't quite work. However, the ease of making menus and things like that
> > make it really shine in a lot of 'lean machine' apps.
>

> 	Is FVWM Gnome and KDE complient?

Fvwm2 is ICCCM 2.0 compliant (should work under Gnome and KDE). I use it under Gnome 2.14. One day when I have the time and space I may install KDE on a machine to see how well Fvwm2 works in that environment.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper