Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2019 11:56:15 +0200
From:      Jan Martin Mikkelsen <janm@transactionware.com>
To:        peter.blok@bsd4all.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad SSD drive - what happens with unreadable data

Hi,

You need to add =E2=80=9Csync" to get the unreadable areas filled with =
zeros. Something like "dd conv=3Dsync,noerror bs=3D4k=E2=80=9D is =
probably good.

Regards,

Jan.

> On 13 Jun 2019, at 13:02, peter.blok@bsd4all.org wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a bad SSD drive. If I read it with dd and conv=3Dnoerror, what =
happens with the unreadable areas? Does it fill with zeroes, or does the =
driver still copy what it was able to read?
>=20
> I=E2=80=99m getting ATA status 51 back, many blocks in a row. Followed =
by chunks of readable data, followed by unreadable data.