Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 07:43:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable Users)
Subject:   gdb - found the problem

OK, call off the alarm for the gdb problem.  Yes, it's a problem, but
it's not gdb: I had an environment variable SHELL pointing to
/opt/bin/bash, which is a BSD/OS 2.1 executable.  I changed it to
/bin/bash, and now things work fine.  Well, I can start gdb, anyway.

We still have a problem that BSD/OS 2.1 has changed the system call
interface from lcall 7,0 to lcall 0x87,0, but that's not directly a
-stable issue.

Greg