Date:      Sat, 13 May 1995 14:26:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Strange LKM problems

Garrett Wollman writes:

> <<On Fri, 12 May 1995 16:16:03 -0400 (EDT), Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com> said:
>
> >> modload -v -A /kernel -e sermux_init -o sermux.out sermux_mod.o
>
> Try `-o /tmp/sermux.out'...
>
> > This is on an NFS mounted partition; the system that is doing the
>
> Hmmm.  Sounds like it might be an NFS bug (but then again it might
> not).  It does seem inexplicably odd that it should only happen
> immediately after boot...
>
> I've never seen this happen for filesystem modules...

I got it again.  Again it was after a boot up.  The sermux.out file
is corrupt: the first 8K of the output is 0.  I saved that file,
then  just installed again and it worked fine.

Both systems are
(recent) -current, the server using a 3C509 and the client an
NE2000.  I'm not getting any error messages from either system.

I'm going to try Garrett's suggestion, which I bet will make it go
away but isn't so good since I won't have the .out on the server in
case I want to poke around in the name list.

It is hard to imagine I'm having general NFS problems, since I
installed this system using NFS, and then copied over all the source
and binaries over with NFS and didn't noticed any problems.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936