Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:34:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
To:        "Three goddesses, Venus figures" <douglas@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <webmaster@zwb.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: password change via the web?!

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Three goddesses, Venus figures wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Dima Dorfman wrote:
>
> > Such a script would be very hard to make secure, because to change a
> > password, you have to run with root's permissions.
>
> Actually, you could use a perl/expect combo to do this without running as
> root and without hacking the passwd code.

Can you give me an example?
Tried to play with
open (PWD, "passwd |");
and/or
open (PWD, "|passwd");
(Can't I combine those?)
but I didn't manage to get things working.
By the way, I'd prefer to have this done under C, because I think I need a
suid root prog to change a password, and I don't like suidperl because
people get root realy easy with it.
Any sulution?

Paul