Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:46:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Andrew N. Edmond (Nero)" <prez@flyingcroc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Network Ops Center <noc@nethead.com>
Subject:   Adaptec 3950U2B Ver 2.11.0

Our hardware vendor, in an effort to save us PCI slot space, fitted us
with a new 3950U2B instead of the old 3940 (no longer in production!)
cards we were used to.  All documents on FreeBSD.org say that FreeBSD 3.1
supports this card.  However, /stand/sysinstall refuses to see it when I
try to mount drives on the card.  What's the status of the 3950U2B CAM
driver?

-- andy edmond

> After trying 3.1-REL, 3.1-STABLE and 3.0-REL it still won't see the
> second scsi card.  I've built it with 3.1-REL on just the 4gb drive
> and will poke around in the mail lists and kernal configs to see if I
> can find a magic switch.
>
> sshd is running on it if you want to take a crack at it.  The card is
> an Adaptec 3950U2B Ver 2.11.0 and is set for 80Mby transfer with 2
> 18Gby drives.
>
> The transfer of the Frontier feed to f0/0/0 took only about 3 minutes.
> The graphs show longer because I did the mrtg config changes after a
> smoke.
>
> It's 5:00AM now, I'm going home to get some more sleep and will be in
> this afternoon.
>
> -Joe
>
> *----------------------------------------------------------------------*
> |  Joe Hamelin   |    joe@nethead.com  &  http://www.nethead.com       |
> | Seattle WA USA | Without love in the dream it will never come true.  |
> *----------------------------------------------------------------------*

Andrew N. Edmond                S  E  X           Chief Executive Officer
president@sextracker.com     T R A C K E R       http://www.sextracker.com

     GET PAID BY SEXTRACKER!            WINDOWS 95/98/NT STATISTICS
  http://moneytree.sextracker.com/   http://executive.sextracker.com/

    BANNER EXCHANGE RANKS!              DOWNLOAD SUPERBROWSER TODAY!
  http://stx.sextracker.com/         http://superbrowser.sextracker.com/

                FREE CHAT FOR YOUR ADULT WEBSITE
                 http://chatnet.sextracker.com/

                    FREE WEB HOSTING TODAY!