Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:46:46 +0000
From:      Bap <bap@a1.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multicast bind problem

I think I must be missing something obvious!

Iv'e just started to use JINI with discovery by multicast

I can set up rimd and get reggie going, but when I try to run the
browser I get the following:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Native Method)
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.create(MulticastSocket.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(DatagramSocket.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(DatagramSocket.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.<init>(MulticastSocket.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
net.jini.discovery.LookupDiscovery$AnnouncementListener.<init>(LookupDiscovery.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
net.jini.discovery.LookupDiscovery$2.run(LookupDiscovery.java, Compiled
Code)

I am running the linux JDK 1.3.1 on 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #3: Thu Jan 24
19:18:28 GMT 2002

I know the issue is not java, as I can perform the same steps on a
Solaris box, and all works as expected.

I am running IPFIREWALL, but I don't think that should affect a bind to
a port.

Could there be anything I've missed in the kernel config?

Please can someone help me?